Free 3 Months Storage!

CALL NOW 800-338-8407

Fairfax Cryobank is operating and available to answer questions! Call 1-800-338-8407 to order vials and receive 3 months of free storage!
Learn how Fairfax supports families on our COVID-19 Resource page.

To get started - call us

800-338-8407

+1 703-698-3976

ID Sperm Donors In Demand

June 23, 2016

In 2005, Fairfax Cryobank started a new program call the ID program in which new donors agree to release identifying information. We created this special category of donors because of the increased interest by families to have this option available. Identifying information, such as donor name and address, is shared only with the children who were conceived by an ID donor, whose mother registered their birth with our sperm bank and who then go on to request the information themselves when they reach the age of 18 or older. About 20% of our current donor list is ID . The other 80% are donors that have chosen to remain anonymous. Before 2005, all our donors were anonymous. The first children eligible for this ID information will reach the age of 18 in 2023.

Today, we ask all new donors if they want to be known. If they agree, they become an ID donor. If they decline, they will remain anonymous. All donors who began donating prior to 2005 signed an agreement with us in which we agreed to keep their identifying information private. Many families were created with the understanding that their specific donor would be anonymous forever, and they very much want this information to stay private. We have very specific understandings with donors and families that we will protect the information of not only the donor’s identity but also the identity of the families who used that sperm donor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.