Single Mom Considerations
Creating a Family talks with Dr. Michelle Ottey, the laboratory director for Fairfax Cryobank and others about things to consider before having a baby as a single mom.
Listen to the interview HERE to learn about:
- How do you use a sperm bank? What is the procedure and what steps must you take?
- How do you select a donor? What information is routinely available? What factors do women often consider?
- What is the difference between anonymous donor, identifying information donor,identified donor, known donor, and directed donor?
- Do you have to use a doctor to do the actual transfer of sperm or can you do it yourself at home?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages with sleeping with the man you want to be the sperm donor rather than using artificial insemination?
Leave a Reply