Fairfax Cryobank Drawing – August 2016
UPDATED: OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No Purchase is Necessary to Win. No purchase is necessary to enter and to win a prize. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility. The Fairfax Cryobank August Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older. Employees, immediate family members of employees and members of the household of employees of the Genetics & IVF Institute, Inc., including its subsidiaries and divisions (“Sponsor”), are not eligible. By entering the Promotion, participants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (“Rules”).
- Sponsor. Sponsor is the sponsor of the Promotion.
- Promotional Period. The Promotional Period is from 8:00 a.m., Eastern daylight time, on August 1, 2016 through 4:00 p.m., Eastern daylight time, on August 31, 2016. Entries must be received by the Sponsor during the Promotional Period in order to qualify.
- How to Participate. There are two ways to enter the Promotion: (a) purchase a “Qualifying Vial” of donor sperm from Fairfax Cryobank; or (b) send a postcard to Fairfax Cryobank Inc. at 3015 Williams Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031, that includes your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and the words “August Promotion.” A “Qualifying Vial” is a vial that is ordered and either shipped or stored under a Fairfax Cryobank storage agreement during the Promotional Period. For postcard entries, the date and time of receipt, and not date of postmark, will determine eligibility. There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- How to Win. All eligible entries will be placed into the drawing at 5:00 p.m., Eastern daylight time, on August 31, 2016. The Sponsor will draw two names at random on September 1, 2016, and notify the winners by email no later than September 2, 2016. The first name drawn will win the Grand Prize and the second name drawn will win the prize for 1st Runner-Up. Limit one prize per household. Winners must respond to the notification that they have won within seven (7) days of the notification, or they will be disqualified. The odds of winning the Grand Prize or the prize for 1st Runner-Up depend on the total number of entries.
- Prizes. Substitutions, transfers and cash redemptions are not permitted. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Winners will be responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses, associated with accepting and using a prize. Shipping, handling and storage charges for donor sperm acquired with a prize are not included, and must be paid separately.
- Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will receive free donor sperm for one year, up to a maximum of 12 vials. All vials must be ordered and shipped or stored under a Fairfax Cryobank storage agreement within one year. The Grand Prize expires at 4:00 p.m., Eastern daylight time, on August 31, 2017.
- 1st Runner-Up. The 1st Runner-Up will receive 10% off all donor semen vials purchased and shipped or stored under a Fairfax Cryobank storage agreement for one year. The 10% discount expires at 4:00 p.m., Eastern daylight time, on August 31, 2017.
- Gift Cards. Every other person entered in the Promotion will receive a $100 gift card that can be used to purchase donor sperm only. Gift cards expire at 4:00 p.m., Eastern standard time, on December 31, 2016.
- Privacy and Publicity. By entering the Promotion, each participant grants the Sponsor and its designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use his/her name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of Fairfax Cryobank, and all matters related to the Promotion, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Each potential winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, a tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, and return them within seven (7) days after he/she is notified that he/she has won a prize. A potential winner who fails to respond or comply may be disqualified, and a replacement winner may be selected.
- Release. By entering the Promotion, each participant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its owners, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever related to or arising in connection with participation in the Promotion and the delivery and use or misuse of prizes. The Released Parties shall in no event be liable for any attorney’s fees or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation punitive, consequential, special, direct or indirect damages. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any participant for failure to supply the prizes due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Applicable Law. All issues and questions concerning the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Promotion shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Disclaimer. The Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, problems or delays with the postal or other delivery service or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Promotion if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that circumstances exist that do or could compromise the integrity, administration, security or lawful operation of the Promotion. The Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, mailing or other inadvertent errors in these Rules or in other materials related to the Promotion. The Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Promotion, selection of winners and award of prizes shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Official Rules; Winner’s List. To receive a copy of these Rules and/or a list of winners of the Grand Prize and prize for 1st Runner-Up, please send a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to GIVF August Promotion, 3015 Williams Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031, Attn: General Counsel. Residents of Vermont need not include return postage on rules requests.