Fairfax Cryobank #FFXMommy16 Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
- No Purchase Necessary. No Purchase is necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility. The Fairfax Cryobank Contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older, who have internet access as of May 3, 2016. Employees, immediate family members of employees and members of the household of employees of the Genetics & IVF Institute, Inc., including its subsidiaries and divisions (“Sponsor”), are not eligible. By entering the Contest, participants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (“Rules”).
- Sponsor. Sponsor is the sponsor of the Contest. The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
- Promotional Period. The Contest will be open for entries from 12:01 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2016, until 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 17, 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
- How to Enter. To enter the Contest, a participant must, during the Promotional Period: (a) write a brief story about a special or memorable moment involving the participant’s mother, or experienced by the participant as a mother; and (b) post the story and a relevant photo on the Fairfax Cryobank Facebook page (www.facebook.com/fairfax.cryobank), using the hashtag #FFXMommy16. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove and disqualify any entry that it determines in its sole discretion is offensive or profane, or likely to infringe on the intellectual property rights of a third party.
- How to Win. Visitors to the Fairfax Cryobank Facebook page will have the opportunity to “like” their favorite entries (story and photo) during the Promotional Period. The 10 entries with the most “likes” will be entered into a drawing. Five winners will be drawn at random, and the participants who posted them will each receive a prize. The Sponsor’s finding that an entry is a winner will be final. Prizes are limited to one per household, and to the winner meeting the Contest eligibility criteria. If any of the original 5 winning entries or the people who posted them are disqualified, then the entry with the next highest number of “likes” will be the winner, and so on, until the Sponsor has identified 5 eligible winners. The winning entries will be identified on the Fairfax Cryobank Facebook page, and the Sponsor will notify the winners through Facebook. Winners must respond to the notification that they have won within 5 days of the notification, or they will be disqualified. The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries submitted and the number of “likes” they receive.
- Prizes. The Sponsor will award each qualifying winner one free vial of donor sperm, which must be ordered by telephone, during normal business hours, no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 31, 2016. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. EDT to 8:00 p.m. EDT, excluding Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, and Saturdays from 11:30 a.m. EDT to 3:30 p.m. EDT. Substitutions, transfers and cash redemptions are not permitted. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Winners will be responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses, associated with accepting and using a prize. Shipping, storage and donor information are not included. This promotion may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- Privacy and Publicity. By entering the Contest, each participant grants the Sponsor and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use his/her name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of Fairfax Cryobank, and all matters related to the Contest, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Each potential winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, a tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, and return them within five (5) business days after he/she is notified that he/she has won an award.
- Release. By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook and their respective owners, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever related to or arising in connection with participation in the Contest and the delivery and use or misuse of awards. The Released Parties shall in no event be liable for any attorney’s fees or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation punitive, consequential, special, direct or indirect damages. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any participant for failure to supply the awards due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Applicable Law. All issues and questions concerning the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Disclaimer. The Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that circumstances exist that do or could compromise the integrity, administration, security or lawful operation of the Contest. The Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, mailing or other inadvertent errors in these Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. The Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest, selection of winners and award of prizes shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Official Rules; Winner’s List. To receive a copy of these Rules and/or a list of winners, please send a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to GIVF May Facebook Contest, 3015 Williams Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031, Attn: General Counsel. Residents of Vermont need not include return postage on rules requests.