1. No Purchase Necessary. No Purchase is necessary to enter or to win. A purchase will not increase one’s odds of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Eligibility. The Fairfax Cryobank Photo Caption Contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older, who have internet access as of July 19, 2016. Employees, immediate family members of employees and members of the household of employees of the Genetics & IVF Institute, Inc., including its subsidiaries and divisions (“Sponsor”), are not eligible. By entering the Contest, participants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (“Rules”).
3. Sponsor. Sponsor is the sponsor of the Contest. The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
4. Promotional Period. The Contest will be open for entries from 8:00 a.m., Eastern daylight time on July 19, 2016, until 5:00 p.m., Eastern daylight time on July 26, 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
5. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, a participant must: (a) “like” the Fairfax Cryobank Facebook page (www.facebook.com/fairfax.cryobank); and (b) post an original caption for at least one of the three Contest photos on the Fairfax Cryobank Facebook page. There is no limit on the number of photo captions a participant may post. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove and disqualify any caption that it determines in its sole discretion is offensive, profane, defamatory or likely to infringe on the intellectual property rights of a third party.
6. How to Win. Visitors to the Fairfax Cryobank Facebook page will have the opportunity to “like” their favorite photo captions during the Promotional Period. The ten (10) captions with the most “likes” will be the winners, and the participants who posted them will each receive an award. The Sponsor’s finding that a caption is a winner will be final. Awards are limited to one per household, and each winner must meet the Contest eligibility criteria. If any of the original ten (10) winning captions are disqualified, or the participants who posted them are ineligible, then the Sponsor may in its discretion award a prize to the eligible participant whose caption received the next highest number of “likes,” and so forth, until all ten (10) prizes are awarded. The winning captions will be identified on the Fairfax Cryobank Facebook page, and the Sponsor will notify the winners through Facebook. Winners must respond to the notification that they have won within seven (7) days of the notification, or they will be disqualified. The odds of winning depend on the total number of photo captions submitted and the number of “likes” they receive.
7. Prizes. Each winner will receive a $100 gift card that can be used to purchase donor sperm and a fun Fairfax Cryobank swag item. Substitutions, transfers and cash redemptions are not permitted. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Winners will be responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses, associated with accepting and using a gift card. Gift cards expire at 5:00 p.m., Eastern daylight time, on August 16, 2016.
8. Privacy and Publicity. By entering the Contest, each participant grants the Sponsor and its designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use his/her name, city and state of residence, voice, picture and likeness, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of Fairfax Cryobank, and all matters related to the Contest, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Each potential winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, a tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, and return them within seven (7) days after he/she is notified that he/she has won an award. A potential winner who fails to respond or comply may be disqualified, and a replacement winner selected.
9. Release. By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook and their respective owners, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever related to or arising in connection with participation in the Contest and the delivery and use or misuse of awards. The Released Parties shall in no event be liable for any attorney’s fees or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation punitive, consequential, special, direct or indirect damages. The Released Parties shall not be liable to any participant for failure to supply the awards due to circumstances beyond their control.
10. Applicable Law. All issues and questions concerning the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts in Fairfax County, Virginia.
11. Disclaimer. The Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that circumstances exist that do or could compromise the integrity, administration, security or lawful operation of the Contest. The Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, mailing or other inadvertent errors in these Rules or in other materials related to the Contest. The Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest, selection of winners and award of prizes shall be final and binding in all respects.
12. Official Rules; Winner’s List. To receive a copy of these Rules and/or a list of winners, please send a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to GIVF Photo Caption Contest, 3015 Williams Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031, Attn: General Counsel. Residents of Vermont need not include return postage on rules requests.