10 Kid-Friendly Activities to do This Spring – That Won’t Break the Bank
These low-cost spring activities are perfect for kids!
The flowers are blooming, and the kids are starting to get restless. It’s the perfect time of year when it’s not too cold and not too hot, which means it’s time to step outside and enjoy the sunshine! Here a couple of ways to keep the kids busy this spring so you can sit back and smell the flowers.
1. Bubble Experiment – Use this homemade bubble recipe to keep your kids busy for hours! Find it here: https://www.pre-kpages.com/science-for-kids-bubble-experiment/
2. Dirt Coffee Ground Play Dough – Avoid getting real DIRT in the house, with this easy to make Dirt Play Dough. Kids will love shaping and creating their own garden with this play dough. Learn more here: https://www.naturalbeachliving.com/coffee-ground-play-dough/
3. $1 Giant Dry Erase Mat – Layout an old vinyl shower curtain, and some cry erase markets and your set! See how other moms did it here: https://www.iheartartsncrafts.com/giant-dry-erase-mat-kids-toddler-activity/
4. 20 Spring Tree Crafts – These crafts will reach new heights for your kids! With 20 different tree crafts, your kids will never get bored.
5. Growing Grass Kits – Grow your excitement with these grass kits. The kids will love to observe their grass grow and multiple. Start your experiment here: https://www.thekeeperofthememories.com/growing-grass-make-play-activity-for-little-kids/
6. Rainy Day Science – April shower’s bring May flower’s, utilize the extra rainfall with these fun rainy-day science experiments: https://teachbesideme.com/rainy-day-science/
7. Make Nature Walk Journey Sticks – Take an adventure through nature and pick up your favorite pieces of nature. Start here: https://growingfamily.co.uk/craft/journey-stick-kids-nature-crafts/
8. Spring Suncatchers – Catch some sun with these fun and cute suncatchers! Learn more here: https://www.icanteachmychild.com/spring-suncatchers/
9. Paper Plate and Rainbow Craft – Welcome spring with these bright crafts that are sure to bring a smile to you and your child’s face! Start creating here: https://www.easypeasyandfun.com/paper-plate-sun-and-rainbow-craft/
10. Color Changing Flower Activity – Keep your minds active with this fun science experiment! Watch the color of the flowers change while your kids will be amazed. Find the instructions here: https://www.pre-kpages.com/color-changing-flowers-science-experiment/
Don’t waste the beautiful spring days ahead and try out some of these activities that won’t break the bank. Also, don’t forget to follow our newsletter and keep up with all our blog posts and updates at Fairfax Cryobank.