6 Resources to Utilize When Living with Infertility
Use these resources to help you on your journey with Infertility
Living with Infertility can be daunting and overwhelming. Especially when your hopes of growing your family seem unimaginable. Fairfax Cryobank has put together a list of 6 resources that could help you on your journey to creating a family while living with infertility.
1. RESOLVE – The National Infertility Association Resolve is a great place to start when first starting your journey with infertility. The National Infertility Association is an amazing organization and resource that provides free support groups in more than 200 communities and is the leading patient advocacy voice. While also serving as the go-to organization for anyone challenged in their family building.
2. Dreaming of Diapers – A Tell All Infertility Blog & IVF Blog Named as one of the “Best Blogs 2020 for Infertility” by healthline.com, the author of Dreaming of Diapers takes her readers on her very personal journey of infertility and trying to conceive. This southern girl living on the West Coast shares it all from IVF to her experience with friends getting pregnant before she does.
3.Your Future Family: The Essential Guide to Assisted Reproduction (What You Need to Know About Surrogacy, Egg Donation, and Sperm Donation) Your Infertility journey might take you down the road of assisted reproduction. This could include egg donation, sperm donation, or surrogacy. Your Future Family by Kim Bergman Ph.D. gives you a roadmap for navigating the journey to building a family through third-party reproduction. Fun Fact: Host, and Executive Producer, Andy Cohen used this book during the process of having his own baby boy!
4. The Stork and I Meet Mel, UK’s first and only Social Infertility Coach! Mel is a single mother by choice who shares her story of infertility and pregnancy. While also sharing her own stories, she provides personalized coaching sessions to empower single women around the world and support them on their path to motherhood.
5. We’re Going to Need More Wine: Stories That Are Funny, Complicated, and True Actor Gabrielle Union shares her memoir, which covers her battle with recurring pregnancy loss while also spotlighting the experiences of black women with infertility. This honest and humorous book is a lighter read, but still powerful in its words and stories.
6. Fairfax Cryobank – Couples Facing Infertility Male Infertility accounts for upwards of 1/3 of all infertility. Our team understands that the stress of infertility can be difficult. We are particularly sensitive to all the aspects facing couples dealing with infertility because we are part of a larger infertility institute (Genetics & IVF Institute) that has been providing comprehensive infertility services since 1983. We are well equipped to help as you navigate the donor sperm selection and ordering process. Please visit our resource page and learn more from our family testimonials.