Sperm Banking Background Fundamentals – Transfer of Ownership
What is a Transfer of Ownership?
Patients who have Fairfax Cryobank semen samples stored onsite with Fairfax Cryobank are able to transfer their samples into another person’s name for use by participating in what we call a Transfer of Ownership. This allows Fairfax Cryobank to properly track the owners of our semen samples to ensure that we are able to closely monitor the number of Family Units for each donor. This also allows us to create a letter for a second parent adoption for our patients as are commonly requested. In addition, new owners of vials will receive medical updates as their contact information is now in our system.
- Current owner completes the Transfer of Ownership form
- Transfer of Ownership form must be notarized
- New owner completes the Acceptance of Ownership form
- Payment of a $300 transfer fee as well as applicable shipping fees
- New owner completes the Billing Agreement and Donor Semen Storage Client Agreement
- All documents and payment returned to the Cryobank in one package
- Upon receipt of the documents, we will begin the Transfer of Ownership and send update storage letters to confirm completion of your transfer.
- The new owner will then set up a storage account for the new vials.
- The vials will then be ready to ship on request.
For more information about transfer of ownership for donors with Sibling Only options or for vials stored at your clinic, please visit our website HERE.